2010: Happy New Year

Hey, hope everyone is well ... Hope everybody had a prosperous 2009 and hope you all have a blessed year in 2010. 2009 was a great year for me. Ups and downs plagued the year 2009, but I'm blessed to be here telling you all about it. Right now, I'm done adding/dropping classes, so now I have my final schedule for my 2nd semester. Its been a stressful week especially coming back from break, but hopefully it won't be a stressful semester.

The year 2009, like I said, was GREAT! I went to my high school prom with my homegurl Jazmyne. I graduated Seton Academy with the people I had shared a bond with for four years. Even though it was a tumultuous four years, we made it through in ONE PIECE. Also, I went on two Kairos retreats. Those were some of the best moments in my life. The first one was with the men of Marian Catholic High School. Me and a group of my friends were getting trained to lead Seton Academy's 1st men's Kairos, which was also a success. Bringing a group of men together in the graces of God was a task in itself, but being able to connect with people on a personal and spiritual level is something that will not go unnoticed. It was truly a great experience.

Spring Break 2009 was terrible. Not only was I bombarded with homework, Kairos stuff, and a host of other things, but I found out my paternal grandmother passed away on Easter. Even though we didn't really see each other as much as we could have, it still left a void in my life, as well as, my father's life. For people that know me, know that I hate going to funerals and the like. 1) It's too sad and 2) In times like that, I like to keep myself isolated because I can't take people being sad around me. The reason why is because I like to keep people happy and smiling. That's one of the reasons God put me here. To keep everyone's lives balanced and stress-free.

On a happier note, I started off going to Florida A&M University and ended up going to Hampton University with a $10,000 University Grant based on academics. I wasn't too fond on the idea, but because I was awarded money, I was somewhat forced to go. I tried to find another school at the last minute, but I finally picked up all of the pieces and came to HU. I was very apprehensive to come to HU, but it's worked out well so far. I've met some great people. I've been exposed to a lot of positive things, and just a few negative ones. But that makes you a better person. I was just to eager to come home for Thanksgiving break. Being away from home strengthens your bond between your parents and others that you left behind and keep a relationship with. I'll tell you first hand, that people I clashed with on a daily basis, I didn't expect them to miss me as much as I did.

Thankgiving break, I visited those who I hadn't seen in a while. Visited my old school and rekindled a relationship with someone who I've known for a few years. (More on that in a minute) I was very appreciative of the great food I had, because cafeteria food does a body bad. LOL Then, it was time to go back to HU and finish out the semester. Eager to come back to Chicago for Xmas break as well.

Finished out the semester okay ... Didn't get the grades I had hoped for, but its an okay start. I had a 3.0 GPA for the semester. But I need a 4.0 this semester, so I can maintain this scholarship I'm on. I know what to expect for this semester, so I will be GHOST, and will be keeping my head in these BOOKS for the rest of the school year.

Ended 2009 off right. Spent New Years Eve and Day with someone special. Actually most of Xmas break. Me and TCT started talking Thanksgiving break. We eventually started talking and dating. We've had different pasts when it comes to relationships and things like that. Hopefully I can bring a change in her life. In 2010, hopefully we can become more than friends .... if we allow it.

But I'm done with this post. I'm really behind in terms of posting on my blog. It will probably be like that since I have a lot of reading and writing classes ... Law and Literature, Written Com II, and A-A History ... I'm really going to enjoy those classes ... But until next time ... I'll holla @ ya'll PEACE

Posted by [ CharismaticKRM ] | at 3:38 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment